Pages

Monday 9 May 2011

My email address

Email-IconMy old work email address of nick.moyes@derby.gov.uk no longer functions. Messages sent to me there at Derby Museum, or to Derbyshire Biological Records Centre neither get answered, nor do they bounce back as undeliverable. They just disappear. This doesn't seem a good way for any organisation to ensure continuity of service provision, and it's especially serious when customers only know  individual's email addresses, and not generic addresses

I have no control over this, of course, having left rather suddenly at the end of March 2011. So, if you want to reach me, just leave a comment on this blog. They're all pre-moderated, so your own contact details won't be allowed to go online. Or contact me via Twitter or Facebook if you prefer.

As Nick Moyes Consulting I'm planning to offer a range of freelance services similar to those I previously did in my post of Keeper of Natural Sciences (as well as one or two others).
Watch this blog for further details, or check out my LinkedIn profile.

1 comment:

  1. Update:
    A week or so after this post was published, my work account was finally closed down. So now anyone would receive an "undeliverable" message.
    But I am leaving this post here as a signpost to anyone who does a Google search for nick.moyes@derby.gov.uk in the hope of reaching me by some other route.

    ReplyDelete